Red Sea North America.... terrible customer service!!!!!

Update added by user May 03, 2015

Red Sea is going to ship me a new tank replacement at no additional charge per Steve Halls

Sales Director North America & Europe

Red Sea Group

Original review posted by user Apr 22, 2015

I purchase a Red Sea Max 130d complete aquarium system value at $1300.00 plus tax a year ago.This aquarium was purchase as a gift from my wife Migdalia Acevedo as a get well soon.

Yes I was hospitalized for nearly 11 months from previous military combat injuries. Therefore I was not able to setup the tank until I was discharged and healthy enough. A week ago, I took the tank out of the box, and setup the aquarium added 40lbs of sand, and 25lbs of live fugi rock, and marco rock and saltwater. Three days later about 12:30AM while I was in bed looking at a movie on Netflix I heard a pop sound in the living room.

I immediately ran to investigate and saw water gushing from the side of the tank. Water all over my rug. In nearly 20 years as a saltwater aquarium hobbyist this has never have to me. I tried to contact the Local Fish Store (Wonderful World of Fish n' More 25-71 Steinway Street Astoria NY 11103), where my wife made the purchase and they were no longer in business.

Because I know many retailers, and hobbyists I explained my dilemma and was told to contact Rea Sea Max online support. I contact them online, explained my issue and they responded immediately via email. First point of contact was Amanda Klawender. She requested serial number located on the hood, and serial number on the back of the tank, along with a picture.

I provided serial# and pictures. Next e-mail she requested a receipt of purchase and I told her that I was in the hospital, the store that sold it to me was no longer in business and that we could not find a receipt of purchase. In her third e-mail she stated she spoke to her supervisor and that they will replace the tank only, but I would have to pay for the shipping and freight of the tank which was $235.28. I replied very upset, the fact I was not able to enjoy this tank, and that a company well known and large should provide customer service.

It seem she spoke to her supervisor delivery my message. A Christine Banitt who is the Chief Operating Officer, is asking me to provide a receipt.

And I already explained my dilemma in the initial contact.I have not heard from them since.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 03, 2015 #979452

They offered to replace the tank with you only paying shipping despite you having no proof of purchase and being nearly a year later from claimed purchase date (regardless of your reasons)...and you're angry? The company was pretty generous for offering what they did.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Red Sea. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Red Sea.
Filing a new complaint about