Update added by user May 03, 2015
Red Sea is going to ship me a new tank replacement at no additional charge per Steve Halls
Sales Director North America & Europe
Red Sea Group
Original review posted by user Apr 22, 2015
I purchase a Red Sea Max 130d complete aquarium system value at $1300.00 plus tax a year ago.This aquarium was purchase as a gift from my wife Migdalia Acevedo as a get well soon.
Yes I was hospitalized for nearly 11 months from previous military combat injuries. Therefore I was not able to setup the tank until I was discharged and healthy enough. A week ago, I took the tank out of the box, and setup the aquarium added 40lbs of sand, and 25lbs of live fugi rock, and marco rock and saltwater. Three days later about 12:30AM while I was in bed looking at a movie on Netflix I heard a pop sound in the living room.
I immediately ran to investigate and saw water gushing from the side of the tank. Water all over my rug. In nearly 20 years as a saltwater aquarium hobbyist this has never have to me. I tried to contact the Local Fish Store (Wonderful World of Fish n' More 25-71 Steinway Street Astoria NY 11103), where my wife made the purchase and they were no longer in business.
Because I know many retailers, and hobbyists I explained my dilemma and was told to contact Rea Sea Max online support. I contact them online, explained my issue and they responded immediately via email. First point of contact was Amanda Klawender. She requested serial number located on the hood, and serial number on the back of the tank, along with a picture.
I provided serial# and pictures. Next e-mail she requested a receipt of purchase and I told her that I was in the hospital, the store that sold it to me was no longer in business and that we could not find a receipt of purchase. In her third e-mail she stated she spoke to her supervisor and that they will replace the tank only, but I would have to pay for the shipping and freight of the tank which was $235.28. I replied very upset, the fact I was not able to enjoy this tank, and that a company well known and large should provide customer service.
It seem she spoke to her supervisor delivery my message. A Christine Banitt who is the Chief Operating Officer, is asking me to provide a receipt.
And I already explained my dilemma in the initial contact.I have not heard from them since.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Aquarium 130D
- Review category
- Pet Stores
You May Also Like
- "A couple weeks ago me and my daughter (13), went to pet smart with our 2 year old whippet. This was our second time at pet smart only because they..."
- "I have a Black Russian Terrier......very large dog. Have gone to the Fairfield location since he was a puppy and had a great groomer. She left. Since she left, he's..."
- "I took my doggie to Petco for nail trimming and while I was there I asked about a bath and ear cleaning. I agreed to have her bathed and such...."
- "Broken seal & this is what I found. Not sure what it is, due to the comments I've read it could possibly be MOLD...Absolutely disguisting & unacceptable. Thank goodness I..."
- "Okay, this is the worst flower delivery purchase I have ever done, and I do that very often. This time, since the destination was in Montreal, I had to switch..."
- "I am posting this review for my Son who has had a Very Negative experience with Ziebart Poe Ave. (Vandalia, Ohio) & Ziebart Troy, Ohio. Avoid Ziebart &..."
- "I started with 30 boxes of the Tarkett coco berry flooring. I was to be covering approximately 500 square foot, upon opening I noticed a lot of..."
- "I used thumbtack for a contractor and you are right no accountability. It took 3 weeks to get a very small kitchen remodeled with. Countertops. Floor, backsplash. Cabinets and..."